Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'philosophical' discussion

I am told Pyrite can still be looted at PVP on RT
    Sent from the distant future using the power of my mind.

'philosophical' discussion

Hey all readers and friends,

I'm not gonna whine, but will try to start some kind of thinkings on the state of the game we love or used to love.
    Please do not come with argument of quoting extreme results that do not reflect global situation. So let's put down some points to think about what EU will become and maybe be heard one day.

Here's my relevant facts:

* like i said long time ago, when price of skills will be cheaper than price of ammo minus loot, the need to play will simply disappear. I am in this case actually. I shooted 2k peds ammo on pops during recent event and no single global. Not to mention the gear am using. Since Rocktropia went live, it never happened before. The max amount wo global on pops for me has been no more than 600 peds in very bad periods.

* Lag. Do I need to say more? Can put bugs in same category.

* disrespect inside the community, at least partly caused by points mentionned up

* Main goals MA wants us to live for (and they succeed) is solo quest/missions, as a consequence of less social interactions in everyday's virtual life on the long term.

* The simple code that would let avatars sit on the ground has been put to the trap, as a consequence that social aspect is vanishing. 'Divide to better reign/conqueer' like Julius Cesar said. (sorry if wrong translation)

* Space issues, for my part, mostly that max a handfull people is ruining space by cheating in every way they can find, as a consequence that everyone is skill cheating repairing and getting years of crafting skills in couple weeks or so.

Put down your similar comments in next posts, I mean, try to write down aspects that are objectively for you decreasing EU's value in term of entertainment.

If this thread succeed and that no whinnings shows up, we could start, let's say in a few weeks, another thread, as an answer to the possibles actions developpers could do to anihilate things listed that are bringing down EU's interest... And that for each points that will be numbered for easy answers of community, as MA seems only up to not see what's relevant in their game.
    First step, write down ideas where you see a serious leak in the flow of our entertainments.

I want to believe that if people get my mind on this thread, MA's people will take us seriously for once. But once is enough if they get to the point and not bragging us a new color, letting current colors dirty.

Cheers, Rocktropians and all!

Comment

Hey Ed, just to let you know, Im glad for these discussions to be taking place and am going to figure out a way to Fix and improve what I can in the lead up to the next marketing campaign... The Health of our planet is critical for the success of the campaign... I will continue to solicit the feedback of the community as we move forward...
      I AM MY AVATAR

Comment

ty ND, just adding that considering all aspects of the opening post, Rocktropia has always been in my eyes, the planet where negative aspects of EU (or less efficient points) were the less bad, and best managed, as far as your team has a control on it.
        RT allowed me to play kinda like in the old days for long, but very recently... Well you understood that I don't call it a bad loot period. Just trying to find answers from both developers and players.

First identify weaknesses of EU, secondly find solutions.

Comment

Obviously the actual loot Returns are not my department... But I definately see that w will need another complete overhaul on the Mob stats as it seems that we have way too many powerful mobs that cant be hunted...
          I AM MY AVATAR

Comment

Originally posted by NEVERDIE View Post
            Obviously the actual loot Returns are not my department... But I definately see that w will need another complete overhaul on the Mob stats as it seems that we have way too many powerful mobs that cant be hunted...
            While it is true we need more middle lvl mobs, dont do away with the low or the high, just rebalance their spawns appropriatly.

One example would be the road west of COD, there really isnt any need for a thousand mobs along the road, it comes across as unrealistic.
            You could have those same exact vixens in that same exact area (I am talking the higher lvl ones on the road between cod and the hunting lodge) but at 1/10th the numbers and hunters who wanted to hunt there would still have plenty to keep them busy without being frustrating or looking unrealistic for those that arent.

I personally would like to see any high agro spawns moved away from the roads. The roads are one of the great things about Rocktropia but they can not be enjoyed because you end up with sumna or hiru or gangsters or tigers, etc... chasing you. Dont remove the spawns, just lower the numbers a little, an move them back away from the road a little bit. (In real life, the wildlife doesn't congregate right on the roads, but back into the forests a little bit)

The revival without a turret north east of the cathedral needs a turret put in asap.

Ill post more if i think of it.
            [URL="http://EntropiaTransport.com"][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/URL]

Comment

Loot returns are fine imo, just finished 20k ped turnover with 94% return.

What is not ok, already mentioned it in the pcf post, is the crafting. If you look at the top RT craftables, not one of them is actually doable more than one two clicks.

You have mobs spawning unreachable and annoying the living daylight out of ppl ( go to prison, 5+ unreachable mobs all the time)

You get into your car and are faster driving offroad than using the roads, which seem to generate some kind of friction.

Despite all this I still prefer to hunt on RT than get bored to death by loot on caly.
              Paul Crystal Thunder

Comment

Ty guys, Paul, write what mobs you are hunting please, it will be useful

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Ward View Post
                  Ty guys, Paul, write what mobs you are hunting please, it will be useful
                  I am currently under the impression that it doesn't matter what you are hunting, but may be proven wrong or right as the sample size expands.

Prison mobs & vixen went into the 20k.
                  Paul Crystal Thunder

Comment

You Guys really want to get me started? MIX SOME MF'n FUEL! Hammer it home. It's not about price of sweat like I have been saying before. It is the Demand for it. There is next to none. You tear out the foundation of the building and left the building to slide down the hill. I'm so sick of saying this and arguing with bone heads it's not even funny. The Motor is not working because there is no phookin Fuel.
                    :dj: GO SPARTOLINE!

I think almost 200k views should say something.

Comment

No Spart, pleaaassseeeee! lol

was joking, haha, yes, tell us what you want to say, but don't overflood the thread with tons of videos, or its interest would die fast

Comment

Oh yeah in less than 2 weeks, Your phookin kidding me. Time to stop.

Comment

You can make and have a million FlibertyJibbets But there worthless unless someone needs or wants them. Also people don't have a clue about business the 100% MU isn't mark up (Profit) in the auction. That's just a break even mark. They need to really stop blowing HOT air up my ass about working on the Economy('s) and really get there head out of there wallets (Ass) and really do it. Make some changes that matter. You can have a ton of BIGDADDY NUT POTIONS BUT IF THERE IS NO DEMAND THERE WORTH TT (100% MU). Stop phookin pissin me off.. There 101% MU is really=1% They must be wanting everyone to work for a sub living wage. can't even keep Virtual lights on for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparticas Braveheart View Post
                            You can make and have a million FlibertyJibbets But there worthless unless someone needs or wants them. Also people don't have a clue about business the 100% MU isn't mark up (Profit) in the auction. That's just a break even mark. They need to really stop blowing HOT air up my ass about working on the Economy('s) and really get there head out of there wallets (Ass) and really do it. Make some changes that matter. You can have a ton of BIGDADDY NUT POTIONS BUT IF THERE IS NO DEMAND THERE WORTH TT (100% MU). Stop phookin pissin me off.. There 101% MU is really=1% They must be wanting everyone to work for a sub living wage. can't even keep Virtual lights on for that.
                            Oh, did I mention crafting being fucked up? Darn, I thought I did....
                            Paul Crystal Thunder

Comment

Post #6 from Paul can go to bugs and lag section which will be detailed when i'll do a list.

I realize, i'll have to make 2 other threads: 1 to summarize all our ideas and give them a number, then discuss about solutions we can find to solve (both what WE can do and what MA could do) and another thread to sumarize problems and their solutions to point MA's hero that will listen us.

Don't be shy guys, it would be cool to have plenty of our avatars contributing to an infinite list xD

Comment

Working...
                              X