No announcement yet.

'philosophical' discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Philosophicaly speeking of Socioeconomics in art.

Put the sweat in the Oil and mix it all up. Put the sweat in the Oil and mix it all up.Tune Chi -Tune Chi.. Mr.Miagi on the Economy. Yeah yeah!

Up down turn around and flip,goes the numbers on a page.
    Hasn't been seen in a age.
    People people people is what we need.
    Amp here Amp there the only thing fed is GREED.

Put the Sweat in the Oil and mix it all up. Put the sweat in the Oil and mix it all up. Tune Chi-Tune Chi.. Mr Miagi on the Economy. Yeah yeah

Wax on.Wax off. Pop goes a HOF.
    Obe Obe Obe I wana u to show me.
    The Noob The Noob the only one with game lube.
    It's Hard, It's Hard without a www.UltimateGamecard

Put the Sweat in the Oil and mix it all up. Put the sweat in the Oil and mix it all up. Tune Chi-Tune Chi.. Mr Miagi on the Economy. yeah yeah

Vroom Vroooom goes the car you know me and skee we got a star, Without fuel you won't go far.
    I know this seems Obscene. But the Answer is Spartoline.
    Sitting Bull Sitting Bull,This is it. I'm far from full o shyt.
    fuzzy math fuzzy math 1+1=3 This is correct you will see.

Put the Sweat in the Oil and mix it all up. Put the sweat in the Oil and mix it all up. Tune Chi-Tune Chi.. Mr Miagi on the Economy. yeah yeah

Bang Fap Bang Fap you know I love ya but all you planet partners are full-o CRAP.
    Like Buzz to Infinity and beyond of me I know your fond.
    I don't know why 135 is far from high.
    I'm a cranky old goat that love's to gloat.
    you know it is in the air. This is my heart and this is art.
    I'm trying to do my part.
    This is copyrighted by Spart the lovable old fart.

Jolene,Jolene JOLeeeNNE we all need SPARTOLINE! :dj:

Comment

Good Vibrations or Bad? What guide's Directions of Humans?

Originally posted by Ed Ward View Post

Edit: ND is intelligent. As an old player/uber, he knows what makes EU vibrate. Maybe he's the one that is best managing a planet, but solutions have to be taken by MA for maximum effects...
      So what brings EU down? any other ideas?
      Ok well this is a movie that will open some eye's. What guides life? How birds fly? How humans congregate?
      What starts Fads? This info could cause your brain to explode. Excitement draws crowds. suspense keeps them. They create these Freqs like ants create chemicals to draw the colony to food.

Comment

Bumping a good thread. Any other thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by NEVERDIE View Post
          At the moment I'm not really saying ......................working ............ Drive ............. RT, ...................wait ..............................................medi a, ...............time is right............. tell ya, ......................., i told myself and my................................. go BIG or go Home.. ..........................................Big ........................ aiming ........................................standards, ...............................................pla net Earth is familiar ............................ROCKTROPIA... The Night .......................................... over the Moon with ....................................next morning ..................... different story, ..................................... gigantic Weight .....................................wished for...................................pull it off.................... justice .......................... Spectacular....................................... ............nothing is certain...................what is done.. What's done ................................. Deal ..........................Big one. The challenge ...............................
          Looking forward to hearing those lyrics on a song streaming in RT in the near future.

Comment

Has PCF became so annoying for trolls those days? LOL

New mod, come delete some here or you get your spank
            Sent from the distant future using the power of my mind.

Comment

Doh Amping a flute

ok the Lab rat is loose..
              I'm warming up a the Flute..
              maybe a Herd of artists maybe a dribble..
              we shall see.. I'm rusty..or Crusty..

Comment

you guys do realize that this is a real cash economy. Much different than other MMORPGs. That means the average player MUST lose money in order for this game to survive. So most of us will be losing peds in the long run.
                Ed complains about the low MU on pops. Assuming something is done to raise the MU on that loot, then the crafter who buys the loot will lose peds, if not the player who buys the end product will lose. In a real cash economy someone MUST lose.
                What we could hope for is a sort of economy on RT were we can export stuff to caly (or other planets), so that the caly player base ends up paying for our losses.

Comment

Interesting DiabloP, but am not complaining about pop MU. (am rather grateful for what pop's loot allowed me to accomplish) What you mentionned is rather directed to RT team and what they can do. We suggested them this idea(s) long time ago, and no, no crazy RT pistol popped up yet

I'll see if I can add the meanings of your post when I'll make a list to summarize what this thread can find. Re-read original post maybe

PS: in your scenario, caly players won't pay for your loss, they'll steal the market and leave you bananas...

Comment

I think I understand what your talking about with this thread Ed. And I have mentioned this several times to the guys on Ark and on PCF, so probably should mention it here.

Yes MA and the PP want and need to make money. To do this they need to get us players to depo and spend ped. When I first started we could sit on the ground, lay on the ground, and dancing didn't stop after 30 seconds (all important for the social aspects). Now they have taken those social aspects away, so i can no longer sit on the ground in game and talk to friends about how my hunt / mining run went. Losing this has caused me to spend less on clothes to sit around in and depo less to go hunt / mine.

Also for mining, they have balanced the mining loot. The result of this new balance is I do better if I do 100 ped runs 2x a day than if I do one 1k run a day.

As for hunting, well I have been leveling my whip recently. According to MA whips are a taming tool not a hunting weapon so I do not have any good viable solutions on whips I can move to from my UL Cobra. Thus preventing me from hunting bigger mobs or doing PVP with the best sounding weapon in the game.

I may have never been a big depositor but MA continues to take away and discourage the social time in game and it really makes me do less since I no longer sit around with my friends and chat about it after. And cannot stay dancing long enough to go to the fridge to get a beer even. Then we have lag and other bugs on top of this and it encourages me to find things to spend my money on IRL instead of putting it in the game. And I know many others who used to deposit that either have stopped completely or have cut way down.

I really think MA needs to rethink this systematic killing of the standing around and socializing in game, because I see it as killing the game.
                    sigpic

Comment

Tanx, Lokia, I forgot this one, and it's a damn important one

Comment

yes it is Ed. And I do like that you mentioned some of the social stuff that they took away from us. I really wish MA would figure out that social aspects of the game are very important because like it or not people are social creatures. We should be able to dance without stopping for at least 2 or 3 min, enough to dance for a whole song without spamming dance key. And just sitting on the ground the way we used to in old swamp camp talking about what we had done while out hunting or talking about bugs or talking to new players letting them know how things worked. Those were great times. And watching your ava just stand there while chatting kills the whole feel of it, which has caused fewer people to do it.

Yes, we can come on forum and brag about our hunt (or complain as needed), but it's not as satisfying.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X