X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROCKtropia Government Outline and Roadmap

ROCKtropia Government
    Main Objective of each cabinet Member is to Strengthen local Economy and Community

Final Name of Position to be determined before election – Please Discuss in this Thread

#1 President/Governor/Prime Minister –

Job Description: Preparation of VU Priorities, based on input from Cabinet – Advise Ministers where to focus each VU – Management of Minister Elections and Public polls on important Issues – Development of Player Content initiatives

Starting Salary
    Month 1 $2,000 Rockbucks
    Month 2 $2,500
    Month 3 $ 3,000
    Month 4 $ 3,500
    Month 5 $ 4,000
    Month 6 $ 5,000 Hold

#2 Bug Collector/Minister of Bugs

Job Description: Collection and Verification of Bugs for each VU. Provide details of Bugs and Priority lists as reported via the community.

Starting Salary for all Cabinet Ministers.
    Month 1 $500 Rockbucks
    Month 2 $750
    Month 3 $ 1000
    Month 4 $ 1,500
    Month5 $ 2,000
    Month 6 $ 2,500 (Hold)

#3 Minister of Galactic Trade Deficit

Job Description: Must Provide up to date analysis of Imports vs Domestic Product in use on the planet

#4 Minister of Industry

Job Description: Local, tools Weapons manufacturing BP adjustment and analysis

#5 Minister of Wildlife

Job Description: Creature Balancing , Spawns and Loot lists evaluation and recommendations

#6 Urban resource Management:

Job Description: Public Instance Loot Balancing evaluation and recommendations

#7 Minister of Culture

Job Description: Social, Fashion, and Crafting Events Creation – Fashion, Design, decorating etc

#8 Minister of Sports

Job Description: Official planetary Hunting, Mining, Event Design & Management – Also Planet event Comparison and monitoring
    Must achieve Planet events competitive with rest of universe.

#9 Minister of Employment

Job Description: Mission and Quests program development

#10 General of Space Defense

Job Description: Active patrolling and Discouragement of Pirate activity Near Rocktropia Space station and Safe Zone also Forum Spam Defence

Objective: Safe Warping in and Out of ROCKTROPIA – Noob Pilot Training Program Director

#11 Minister of Education

Job Description: Noob Management and Mentorships Programs
    Organized Sweat collection, Scavenging events creation.

NOTES:
    Jurisdiction of the ROCKTROPIA Government Excludes – Hunt the Thing Arctic and SI which are both separate Planets that fall under the POPtropia Banner. (Commonwealth)
    VU Submissions
    All VU submission made by the ROCKtropia Government will be vetted by NDS before submission to Mindark. NDS will work with the Government to support their agenda.
    Cabinet Member requirements
    1. Each Cabinet Member Must Stream 5hrs per week. (general activity) on Twitch or other streaming service in order to be accessible to the Citizens for Dialog relating to their position. (With reasonable exceptions) This is Mandatory
    2. Each Cabinet Member will be allocated a section on the governments site and required to Post records of all findings, plans, announcements, and proposed submissions.
    3. Held to the highest standards. NDS reserves right to call for a Cabinet Vote to remove a Cabinet Member that is representing in a Questionable Manner. Said cabinet member will not be able to Vote and NDS will Vote. In the event anyone refuses to VOTE NDS Vote will count for 2.
    Elections
    Full President and Cabinet Ministers public Elections will take place annually. Anyone wishing to Register to run for a position will be required to be a ROCKtropia Estate Deed owner.
    President Can call for Minister Re-election After 3 Months if dissatisfied with performance. (Cabinet will Vote Majority Decides)
    Ministers Can Call for President Re-Election After 3 Months (Public Decides)
    All Ministers and President Must Vote. (Always uneven number to prevent Deadlock)
    No Vote = Automatic Dismissal
    NDS will Vote in Deadlocked situations
    Public Voters will have to elect new Ministers or President if replacement needed.
    VOTING METHOD –
    Please Discuss in this thread

Voting Method utilizing Player Event System (subject to change and Testing)
    Players must Pre-Register to receive tickets
    Multiple Events May be required
    Or Elections can be hosted on PopSocial or NEVERDIE Forum??
    Who Votes?
    Current Citizenship events to Maintain Voting eligibility..
    Important to stay Active on RT to Vote??
    Government Bonuses

Any Gov member achieveing 1 Year of Service will have an Item named for their avatar.
    Any Gov member achieveing 2 Years of Service will receive a Unique Government Unl Component BP.
    Any Gov member achieving 3 Year of Service Will receive security Clearances to Presidential Instances (currently under construction)
    Any Gov Member that achieves a 4 Years of Service will receive a Large Land Plot
    (Government Service Bonuses may be still earned even if years of Service are interrupted.)

TO Run for office –
    You must possess a Deed to a RT Estate prior to your election and throughout your time in office.
    You Must Register by February 19th 2017 (subject to change)
    Voting (Events) will be Held on 11th and 12th of March 2017 (Subject to Change)

ROCKtropia Government Rules and Guidelines will be Subject to amendment prior to first election.

Please Post Feedback in this Thread. Thank you.
    I AM MY AVATAR

Ok when the idea of government was first pitched i was excited being born on ROCKtropia and has ridden this roller-coaster for many years with all its up and downs, twists and turns and surprises. I have always tried to help with development of RT some ideas has been implemented most notably the components and finders. So i am certainly not going let this opportunity pass me by. Looking at ND list of cabinet positions and mine from i think we might slight different views on how government should work. I will compromise my list and see if we can get something that would benefit Rt as whole.

#1 President/Governor/Prime Minister

Job Description: Preparation of VU Priorities, based on input from Cabinet Advise Ministers where to focus each VU Management of Minister Elections and Public polls on important Issues Development of Player Content initiatives. No problem here.

#2 Bug Collector/Minister of Bugs

Job Description: Collection and Verification of Bugs for each VU. Provide details of Bugs and Priority lists as reported via the community. No problem here.

Originally posted by DocGray View Post
    Minister of Bugs -- This job is to record and verify bugs and work with ND to get them fixed.
    This is something that i think we can all agree on and is needed. I have done many lists over the years and its something that should be implemented.

#3 Minister of Galactic Trade Deficit

Job Description: Must Provide up to date analysis of Imports vs Domestic Product in use on the planet.This position i don't think is needed.

This information can be provided by other ministers. I believe this will many effect Hunters as the lack of guns and Armour available on planet.

#4 Minister of Industry

Job Description: Local, tools Weapons manufacturing BP adjustment and analysis. No problem here.

Minister of Crafting -- This job is to look at bp's, their ingredients and make recommendations to balance them out and introduce new bp's with focus of using
    all rock materials.
    Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Minster of Crafting This role is one of the hardest and most time consuming. As they will have to go through all of RT BPS. As some ingredients can no longer be found on RT, some are doubled up and work out the drop rate for bps. They will also have to communicate with other minsters on what they need and drop rates of materials to coalition with bps. This will be no easy task and needs some one with a wide range skills in crafting.
    #5 Minister of Wildlife

Job Description: Creature Balancing , Spawns and Loot lists evaluation and recommendations. This should be Minister for hunting.

Minister of Hunting -- This job is to look at the mob and mob distribution and make recommendations on improvements.
    This position should be for high skilled hunter who can hunt all types of mob. Also communicate Minister of Industry about loot drops and what items are need to be crafted for hunting.

#6 Urban resource Management:

Job Description: Public Instance Loot Balancing evaluation and recommendations. No problem here.

Minister Of instances.
    Instances are very important part of game. Some keys are hard to make. Hell mobs are extremely difficult. There should be more special loot. Some are confusing too.

#7 Minister of Culture

Job Description: Social, Fashion, and Crafting Events Creation – Fashion, Design, decorating etc This position i don't think is needed.

This position can be shared out among other Ministers.

#8 Minister of Sports

Job Description: Official planetary Hunting, Mining, Event Design & Management – Also Planet event Comparison and monitoring
    Must achieve Planet events competitive with rest of universe. No problem here.

Minster of events This of course will be someone who organizes events on RT (Doc is best for this role)
    This is important role as we have had problems in past with rules not being clear from the start. Poor events stick in players mind and look bad on the planet as whole. We need look at prizes given out on Ark and Caly see if we can match them. Also more variety crafting and mining events are few and far between.

Job Description: Mission and Quests program development. No problem here.

Players love mission and quests. This something that needs to be looked at at and developed.

#10 General of Space Defense

Job Description: Active patrolling and Discouragement of Pirate activity Near Rocktropia Space station and Safe Zone also Forum Spam Defence

Objective: Safe Warping in and Out of ROCKTROPIA – Noob Pilot Training Program Director This position i don't think is needed.

As space as it is should not be high priority at the moment. We should deal with planet side first affairs before we look into space.

#11 Minister of Education

Job Description: Noob Management and Mentorships Programs
    Organized Sweat collection, Scavenging events creation. No problem here.

Minister Of new Players -- This job is to hang out with the new players and show them the ropes, where the mobs are, missions, sweating areas, etc.
    Encourage them to participate in Rocktropia.
    Other positions that should considered.

Minister of Mining This is for dedicated miner. Role will conversing with Minster of events and Minster of Crafting. To arrange events and what should be added to bps. Also what missions and rewards are needed (Yes this is the position I will be applying for)
    Just like hunting and crafting Mining is is one of the top 3 professions and should have it own department. Economy depend on mining activity Alt and hell is very important.

Minister Of foreign Affairs and public relations
    We all know Neverdie is not the most loved in universe we would not have forum trolls and haters as mobs if he was. ROCKtropia history is not the great also. This something that needs to be looked at. To show people that what is happening and what has happened is two different things. This department will also deal with issues that players have. Help with public communication and events publicity. Deal with social media and advertising. As well stretching out a hand of friendship to other planets. (Sorry taco this job not for you )

Last edited by [email protected]; 02-11-2017, 06:10 AM.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_105_1491619730369_710[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_105_1491538361645_280[/ATTACH]]

Comment

Hi,
      I would like to welcome the idea of creating RT government.
      It will bring improvement for whole RT community.

I would like to announce candidature for ministry place.

I am still thinking what would be ideal ministry for my candidature.

So far i would like to candidate for one of 3 positions following:

#8 Minister of Sports
      (since Doc candidates for Prime minister i think this would be good position for me since i own an private instance event already)

(people have many suggestions and recommendations for the mission system on Rocktropia,for so far experience i would make mission system more available,more exciting,skillreward implementations,repeatable missions,balancing missions etc.)

#6 Urban resource Management
      (as an owner of instance i would demand that instance loot gets improved for max joy of the players that plays,wich will encourage investors to join building an instance empire)

If vote system allow to apply for more positions and for voters to give an vote (1) for any ministry place.

You can fill out the research form on this link
      http://shield-corp.weebly.com/voting-poll.html

If you have any suggestions feel free to contact me in game or leave the message on forum.

This post is subject of change/edit.

Suggestions

Name of election places (suggestion) : Attachment

Rules suggestions : Attachment

This means that voter cant vote for more than 1 candidate on 1 ministry place.

Full sized picture with better quality you can find in attachment.

Visit my page for instances :

SHIELD-CORP.WEEBLY.COM
      Last edited by theunicate; 02-20-2017, 04:17 PM.

Comment

Looks very interesting. But I have a single (yet very important) thing to suggest that I feel is a crucial part of Rocktropia's sustainability beyond these other cabinet positions that's I'm very surprised wasn't considered as a position.

One of the biggest factors to the success of Rocktropia (and Entropia altogether) is going to be a strong focus on actually marketing the game correctly and getting a good flow of new players into the game. Personally, I'm shocked how far this game has come with the almost non-existent marketing that's been done not counting that 90%+ of all marketing is word-of-mouth. More players = more money/profit and a stronger economy.

Entropia is a great game that is lethally under-marketed. Since MA and other planet partners are doing practically nothing for marketing either, I see this as a fantastic opportunity for Rocktropia to get out there and capture the lions share of new players through a variety of creative and effective marketing efforts. Just off the top of my head I've got a number of ideas that could be pursued which should bring in more players and even help with player retention.

With this in mind I suggest this new cabinet position:

Minister of Online Presence - Job Description: Help with new player acquisition for Rocktropia by assisting the in creation and execution of marketing campaigns. Creating/managing new and existing Rocktropia web properties that are in serious need of professional development and maintenance. (no more bandwidth exceeded messages or 404 errors...etc). Work closely with other ministers to ensure that new changes/improvements are well marketed so existing players and NEW players know of the improvements made.

And I'd like to nominate myself for this position as I've got over 15 years of experience in the web industry doing web design/development, marketing, and managing linux servers. I've worked with a number of multi-million dollar companies helping them marketing their business online. I love Entropia and have been playing for over 10 years - I have a good knowledge of the systems in the game and believe that with my expertise and passion for this game we could really make Rocktropia stand out as it's own MMO using the Entropia platform and get a large number of new players coming in and most importantly STAYING in.

Otherwise I'd be interested in Minister of Sports, Minister of Education, Minister of Employment
        Last edited by Jambon; 02-18-2017, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jambon View Post
          Looks very interesting. But I have a single (yet very important) thing to suggest that I feel is a crucial part of Rocktropia's sustainability beyond these other cabinet positions that's I'm very surprised wasn't considered as a position.

One of the biggest factors to the success of Rocktropia (and Entropia altogether) is going to be a strong focus on actually marketing the game correctly and getting a good flow of new players into the game. Personally, I'm shocked how far this game has come with the almost non-existent marketing that's been done not counting that 90%+ of all marketing is word-of-mouth. More players = more money/profit and a stronger economy.

Entropia is a great game that is lethally under-marketed. Since MA and other planet partners are doing practically nothing for marketing either, I see this as a fantastic opportunity for Rocktropia to get out there and capture the lions share of new players through a variety of creative and effective marketing efforts. Just off the top of my head I've got a number of ideas that could be pursued which should bring in more players and even help with player retention.

With this in mind I suggest this new cabinet position:

Minister of Online Presence - Job Description: Help with new player acquisition for Rocktropia by assisting the in creation and execution of marketing campaigns. Creating/managing new and existing Rocktropia web properties that are in serious need of professional development and maintenance. (no more bandwidth exceeded messages or 404 errors...etc). Work closely with other ministers to ensure that new changes/improvements are well marketed so existing players and NEW players know of the improvements made.

And I'd like to nominate myself for this position as I've got over 15 years of experience in the web industry doing web design/development, marketing, and managing linux servers. I've worked with a number of multi-million dollar companies helping them marketing their business online. I love Entropia and have been playing for over 10 years - I have a good knowledge of the systems in the game and believe that with my expertise and passion for this game we could really make Rocktropia stand out as it's own MMO using the Entropia platform and get a large number of new players coming in and most importantly STAYING in.
          You have my vote!

Comment

I would like to apply for #9 Minister of Employment - where do we register for this position?

Comment

Well I think that all desiring ROTM's should have a deed and be eligible. I know for one I was promised a RT unique Item and got a damn Valk mk1 that just about everyone got Their is a star on the walk of fame but is next to worthless and has been nothing but bad luck for me since it was put there. I think voting should go through a 3rd party site that has no bias. I know I have given a lot of Idea's and advice that was used IE the planet filters in the Auction that (EZ) Remember him? he worked for you pushed through.. Remember sweat with Fuel and you said "Oh put it in BP's" and ran with that? Still should be put in fuel and named after me. Last week I decided to put $60 USD in and got $4 back.. Still all water under the bridge if You (Neverdie) are willing to patch up.. All these Fascist demands of twitch streaming etc are a bad Idea.. You need to let it be Dude.. Demands of cabinet members and such is going to be a hard sell after yrs of shyt like what I have gotten. You are demanding we advertise for you.. If the shit is worked out the word of mouth will happen on it's own you can't force shit like that.. A dog does sometimes bite it's masters hand when they try to take their bone.. I'm a good example.

White Rose Society Knight
              Ethical Social artist
              JimE aka Spart ROTM 6/2010
              Last edited by Sparticas Braveheart; 02-16-2017, 06:35 PM.

Comment

This sounds fun and something I'd love to be involved in. The role most suited to me and which I think I would be a great asset to Rocktropia in would be Minister of Sports.

​I've been playing at all levels of EU since 2006 and for me the most fun is most certainly in events. I have a very good idea of what works, what prizes people will flock to Rocktropia to compete for and would really enjoy the challenge of building events to rival some of the best currently ingame. If anyone has any questions they would like to ask me before giving me their vote I would be more than happy to answer. Feel free to add me ingame for a chat, my full avatar name is Caleb cc Caven.

Comment

You Must Register by February 19th 2017 (subject to change)
                  Register where?
                  twitter.com/AmberKnightley ~ twitch.tv/amberknightley ~ youtube.com/user/AmberKnightley

Comment

There are three positions I would have fun with: Governor, bugs, and sports. So how to choose?

Comment

Can we please start getting some feed back from NDS. There's no point you just posting something and say please your feedback if you dont respond to feedback. This applies for in game too and feel this has been open or advertised enough. I dont even see 11 people who has put their name forward yet.
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_105_1491619730369_710[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]temp_105_1491538361645_280[/ATTACH]]

Comment

As I have written elsewhere, I will be running...Though positions 4, 5, or 6 likely interest me the most, I hate being pigeon-holed in one area, and plan, no matter what, to attempt to influence positive change in all areas that I have experience in. I reckon there are very few players with as much experiences as me on all planets, and in all 3 professions, especially with loot, bps and instances. I have basically every RT bp, have spent more ped in RT instances than any other avatar, and have hunted and mined here for so many years that I have no doubt I have the most experience for general loot, bp and instance balancing.

I don't want to be governor, my vote will go to Doc. But I want to be part of this government, because there is a LOT of shit that needs to get done. My problem is I will be moving in RL and will not be on much for the next few months as I get a new business started up. SO either I am voted in now, and my contribution will be limited at first, or I run in 3 months and knock out the biggest slacker who hasn't done anything, because I am damn sure, many people will run just for the money, and there will be lots of inexperienced golddiggers that need to get un-elected. In other words, I will have no problem finding one to run against and get elected in the future.

I don't give a fuck about the monthly payments if i am elected earlier than I am able to participate full time. So ND can keep the money until I am back full time in EU. I don't want to pass up this opportunity, however. I want to try one time, as hard as I can, to get this planet working right.

RT was made for tough people, so anyone that has a problem with me, please pm me and we can sort it out. Don't hide your feelings or talk behind my back. Talk to ME. There is only one way to fix RT and that is for those of us with the MOST experience to get elected and work TOGETHER. I am not going to do some gay extravagant artsy campaign with pretty computer design because I don't know how to do that...but what I DO know is how to fix shit. I will either get elected now, or I wont and will run later and destroy whoever is doing the worst. I am not worried about it. I will get elected eventually, and when I do, I will use my experience to help rt.

Even if you don't vote for me, don't elect anyone with out experience! That is the single biggest mistake any of you can make. If you want stuff fixed right, you CANT have inexperienced people making decisions about loot, bps, instance etc.
                        Last edited by Sunsout Gunsout; 02-20-2017, 05:22 PM.

Comment

A little Update. We are working on the tools for ROCKtropia Voting system.. Its quite exciting and ambitious as usual... So you have a bit of time to figure out what position you want to go for and to provide any other feedback or suggestions...

We are potentially looking at an awesome Secure Voting system and tools for the gov to make and vote on proposals and this is just the begining of it.. Will reveal more details v soon.

We will keep an eye on the thread below for your input for the upcoming VU in the meantime!

http://neverdie.com/vrforum/forum/ro...=1487626873946

ROCKbucks may be required to secure eligibility to Vote, so encourage your constituents to Squirrel some away

Those Running for Gov, will just need a Deed to Qualify for office, but You may also want to grab some Rockbucks ( More on this later)
                          I AM MY AVATAR

Comment

Well Taco i known long enough that i know you love RT and want it to improve. Like you said you own nearly all RT bp and i think you would be great mister of industry. Especially with your experience in other profession and the universe. I also support Doc as Gov as he well know and very well liked. Now i would not normally support someone who has only been on RT a short time or just come for events, but Caleb is well known player with vast experience in many fields and enters a lot of big events over the years and will also has support for Minster of sports.

Now i have already said in this thread i don't agree with all the positions that ND has posted at start of thread and i certainly don't feel i have expertise to fill many of them. I believe their is players in game who have more knowledge of instances, missions, hunting than i do. Even though i was born on RT at the start and have been here ever since, my profession is a miner and i am good at that. the only position i feel fit to stand for Is the minster of bugs. Even if i don't get into government i will support them the best i can.

Comment

First and foremost - remove the payments you plan! You will get more people running for that alone who do not give a fuck about making RT better or the community and only want the loot or to make changes for their own benefit.People that truly care about Rt will be willing to do it for free.the longevity rewards make up for not being paid.

Second, I understand why you want to limit it to estate deed owners but we have a ton of great, long term players who love and care about RT and the community that do not own deeds (Skeezer for example (at least I believe he doesn't have a deed) Yet they are being ruled out of running because some jackass who can afford to buy property comes in and buys something (see point one). And yes i own deeds so am not saying this for my own benefit.

And finally, the 5 hours streaming per week requirement is over the top. There are people who live in areas that cannot always stream due to shitty internet (Australia, Philippines etc). or who travel all the time so cannot make a weekly requirement (this one does apply to me lol). How about make it a total of 20 hours a month instead of by week?

All of that said, after talking with Doc and considering it i would be willing to fill wildlife, bug, employment or maybe education (if we morph it to be beyond just noob stuff) if the 5 hours per week streaming is modified.
                              Last edited by Fyrs; 02-21-2017, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X